Hailing from Danville, Kentucky, Ashley Gorley graduated from Belmont University in 1999, and in 2001 signed with Combustion Music. He scored his first #1 with Carrie Underwood’s “Don’t Forget To Remember Me” back in 2006. Since, Ashley has been on an unprecedented roll, adding #1 hits. In addition, Ashley has had songs recorded by artists such as George Strait, Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Brett Eldredge, Blake Shelton, Billy Currington, Darius Rucker, Chris Young, Easton Corbin etc...
In the past several years, Ashley has been nominated for and won many awards including:
• 33 #1 Singles
• 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016 ASCAP Country Songwriter of the Year, also receiving Song of The Year honors for "You're Gonna Miss This" performed by Trace Adkins. To date, Gorley has received numerous ASCAP awards.
• Nominated twice for CMA Song of the Year, won the ACM Single of the Year award in 2009, and is a 2-time Grammy nominee for Country Song of the Year. 9-time recipient of the CMA "Triple Play" award which recognizes writers with three #1 songs in one year.
• Billboard's Top Ten Writers of the Year in 2008, 2009, 2012
• Songs have been recorded by artists such as Luke Bryan, Thomas Rhett, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Jake Owen, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Iyaz, Kelly Clarkson, George Strait, Darius Rucker, Tim McGraw, Trace Adkins, Jason Aldean, Billy Currington, Easton Corbin, Parachute, Big Time Rush, Randy Rogers Band, Lee Ann Womack, Chris Young, Blake Shelton, Matthew West, Joe Nichols, Gretchen Wilson, and Randy Travis.
• Landed songs on the Country, Pop, AC, and Contemporary Christian charts.