Warner/Chappell Music (WCM), the music publishing arm of Warner Music Group, was named Publisher of the Year at last night’s ASCAP Country Music Awards for the second year in a row. Underscoring the legendary publisher’s incredible year so far, WCM songwriter Ashley Gorley was named Songwriter of the Year, WCM songwriter Ben Hayslip won Song of the Year for Thomas Rhett’s “It Goes Like This,” and WCM songwriters picked up 19 ASCAP “Most Performed Song” awards. Additionally, Warner/Chappell songwriters were recognized for four of the top five “Most Performed Songs” of the year. These accolades follow closely on the heels of WCM being named Publisher of the Year at two of ASCAP's other most prestigious ceremonies this year—the Pop and Rhythm & Soul Awards—as well as at BMI’s R&B/Hip-Hop Awards.
“It’s all about the songwriters, and our team is extremely proud of their accomplishments,” said Ben Vaughn, Executive Vice President, Warner/Chappell Nashville. “They’ve touched millions with their music, and it’s because of them that we have had the honor of being named Publisher of the Year two years running. Congratulations to all of the winners and thank you to ASCAP for these wonderful accolades.”
“Everything starts with the song, and our writers have started some of the biggest hits of the year," said Jon Platt, President, North America, Warner/Chappell Music. "Being acknowledged by ASCAP is a tremendous accomplishment for them, as well as the entire Warner/Chappell Nashville staff. Ben Vaughn is doing an exceptional job of leading our country music division, and it’s wonderful to see his team’s hard work recognized by our peers.”
The following is a complete list of songs and WCM writers that received “Most Performed Song” awards at this year's ceremony:
• “More Than Miles,” by John Eddie;
• “Drink To That All Night,” by Derek George;
• “That’s My Kind of Night,” “Don’t Ya,” "All Over the Road,” “Runnin Outta Moonlight,” “Hey Girl,” “Crash My Party,” “Aw Naw,” and “Radio,” by Ashley Gorley;
• “I Can Take It From There,” “Anywhere With You,” “Point At You,” “It Goes Like This,” and “When She Says Baby,” by Ben Hayslip;
• “Everything I Shouldn’t Be Thinking About” and “I Hold On,” by Brett James;
• “Mine Would Be You,” Deric Ruttan; and
• “Drink a Beer,” by Chris Stapleton.
Warner/Chappell Music, the global music publishing company of Warner Music Group, is home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalog of contemporary hits and influential standards. With offices in more than 40 countries, Warner/Chappell provides deep expertise across a range of creative services and the most innovative opportunities for songwriters and copyright holders. With a history dating back more than 200 years, Warner/Chappell currently publishes and administers music from Barry Gibb, Beyoncé, Bruno Mars, Eric Clapton, fun., Gamble & Huff, Green Day, Jay Z, Katy Perry, Led Zeppelin, Madonna, Miramax Films, Muse, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M, Roc Nation, Stephen Sondheim, T.I., Timbaland, and Kacey Musgraves, among many others.
WCM Top Songs on Billboard Country Airplay
- 2Singles You Up – Jordan Davis
- 3Meant To Be – Bebe Rexha feat. Florida Georgia Line
- 4You Make It Easy – Jason Aldean
- 8Marry Me – Thomas Rhett
- 10I Lived It – Blake Shelton
- 14UpDown – Morgan Wallen feat. Florida Georgia Line
- 15Ones That Like Me – Brantley Gilbert
- 22Heart Break – Lady Antebellum
- 27Doin' Fine – Lauren Alaina
- 29Kinda Don't Care – Justin Moore
- Sign In